Thursday, June 16, 2016

Updating July Position

     This week has been pretty busy with exams but I finally got a chance to update my position today. Because of the recent drops in the market, I had to move my entire position down 20 points to 1120, 30 points below the market position of 1150 in order to have a lower Delta value. Before adjusting the position, the Delta value of the position was 40 which is double the allotted positive Delta rule. When I moved the butterflies back, there was still 31 positive Delta so I had to move the call up to 1020 and remove some of the positive Delta from that. The current position is down $200 and there are 29 days left until expiration.

Here is the risk profile graph of the current position:


The t + 0 line is a bit lower than I would have liked it to be but I'm sure in the following days it will rise as the Theta becomes greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment