Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Starting the Blog Again

         Hello Again! To start off, I want to apologize for being so quiet on the blog over the past few months. Over the next few weeks, I plan on restarting my updates continuing to put on live 'fake' trades. I will try to keep up to date while posting to the best of my ability but it is possible that I will miss an adjustment or two if I am busy. One thing to note is that I am now putting on my positions on the Think or Swim platform rather than OptionVue. This should not affect anything greatly but be ready for different colored charts.

       Yesterday, I put on a butterfly hedged with a call, just like I had been doing before. The butterfly was bought for the April expiration date which was 45 days but shouldn't be a major issue. I bought the butterfly at the 1010 strike price and my wings (remember they are 50 points wide) are located at 1060 and 960. The Delta of the butterfly came out to be about -76 so I bought a call with a Delta value of 70. Currently, even though the market is still fluctuating, the values of the Delta for the butterfly and the call are -90.12 and 80.56 respectively. The current position is down about $228, probably because of the 1.5% rally today right after I put on my position.

I am excited to continue doing this blog and am ready to continue expanding my knowledge of the options market!


No comments:

Post a Comment