Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Closing the Position


       After the markets fell yesterday, they entered the tent of my butterfly giving me the most profit. It has been brought to my attention that when I last updated the position, I did not use the proper rules of the M3 and the $4,580 can be regarded as a fluke since I would have only made money if the market had gone down which it did. The rule I did not follow was to keep my t + 0 line flat so that no matter which way the market goes there will be no severe losses. Since I did not adjust it in this manner and only fixed my Delta value, the t + 0 and risk profile curved down in front of the tent of the butterfly. I apologize for this mistake but am still satisfied with the return. I will be putting on the September position on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment